Have you ever accidentally deleted a precious photo on your iPhone? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many iPhone users have been in the same situation and have wondered if there is a way to recover those deleted photos. Recovery
The good news is that there are several ways to recover deleted photos on your iPhone. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about iPhone deleted photo recovery, including why photos get deleted, how to recover them, and how to prevent it from happening in the future.
Why Do Photos Get Deleted on an iPhone?
Before we dive into the recovery methods, let’s first discuss why photos get deleted on an iPhone. There are several reasons why this could happen, including:
- Accidental deletion: It’s easy to accidentally delete a photo while swiping through your camera roll.
- iOS update: Sometimes an iOS update can cause photos to disappear.
- Jailbreaking: Jailbreaking your iPhone can also cause data loss, including photos.
- Malware or virus: If your iPhone is infected with malware or a virus, it could cause data loss.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Your iPhone
Now that we know why photos get deleted on an iPhone, let’s discuss how to recover them. There are several methods you can use to recover deleted photos, including:
Method 1: Check Recently Deleted Folder
The first method you should try is to check the “Recently Deleted” folder on your iPhone. When you delete a photo on an iPhone, it doesn’t get permanently deleted right away. Instead, it’s moved to the “Recently Deleted” folder, where it will stay for up to 30 days before being permanently deleted. Here’s how to check the “Recently Deleted” folder:
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Tap on the photo(s) you want to recover.
- Tap on the “Recover” button at the bottom of the screen.
Method 2: Restore from iCloud Backup
If the photos you want to recover aren’t in the “Recently Deleted” folder, you can try restoring your iPhone from an iCloud backup. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “iCloud.”
- Scroll down and tap on “iCloud Backup.”
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on and that your iPhone has been backed up recently.
- Erase your iPhone by going to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- When prompted, select “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Select the backup that contains the photos you want to recover.
Method 3: Use a Third-Party Data Recovery Tool
If the first two methods didn’t work, you can try using a third-party data recovery tool. There are several tools available that can help you recover deleted photos on your iPhone, including:
- Dr. Fone
- EaseUS MobiSaver
Here’s how to use one of these tools to recover deleted photos:
- Download and install the data recovery tool on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Follow the instructions provided by the data recovery tool to scan your iPhone for deleted photos.
- Select the photos you want to recover and follow the instructions to restore them to your iPhone.
How to Prevent Photos from Getting Deleted on Your iPhone
Now that you know how